The Association of Israeli Friends of the Israel Museum is dedicated to developing and cultivating
relations between the Museum and its community of friends and supporters in Israel. The Association strives to bring its members closer to the broad and diverse activities of the Museum and, in turn, its members promote the Museum and its programs to a wider audience.
The Israel Museum is the largest cultural institution and only encyclopedic museum in Israel, and
is today considered to be one of the leading museums in the world. Its holdings include the world’s most comprehensive collections of archaeology of the Holy Land and Jewish Art and Life, as well as significant and extensive holdings in the Fine Arts, ranging from Old Masters to Contemporary Art. Its dynamic Department of Israel Art houses major works by veteran artists, as well as works by young contemporary artists. The Museum is also home to the Shrine of the Book housing the renowned Dead Sea Scrolls, a five-acre Art Garden, and a large and active Youth Wing for Art Education.
Those wishing to join the Associationof Israeli Friends of the Israel Museum should note that 80% of membership fees
are recognized as a tax-deductible
donation. Several membership options are offered, all of which carry the following benefits:
- Free admission for four family members to the Israel Museum, including the Shrine of the Book, as well as to the Rockefeller Archaeological Museum
- Invitation to curator-led guided tours of new exhibitions after regular Museum hours – for members only
- Invitation to special cultural trips abroad, including viewings of private collections (supplementary fee required)
- Group visits to private collections and museums in Israel
- Meetings with Israeli artists
- Invitation to the Museum’s International Council (supplementary fee required)
- Discounts to films, concerts, and performances at the Museum
- Discounts at the Museum shops and restaurants, including the Ticho House restaurant
- Invitation to new exhibition openings
- Mailings of the Museum’s quarterly Events Calendar and bi-annual Israel Museum Magazine
- Use of the Israel Museum Art Library
Friend (annual donation of NIS 1,500) All of the benefits listed above
Israeli Patron (annual donation of NIS 4,000) All of the above benefits, plus listing in the internationally distributed annual Israel Museum Journal
International Patron (annual donation of NIS 12,000) All of the above benefits, plus listing in the internationally distributed annual Israel Museum Journal. International Patrons also receive a Guggenheim Art Pass granting free admission, for two, to several major museums abroad.
Guardian (annual donation of NIS 30,000) Guardians sponsor a week in honor of the person or occasion of their choice. Their contribution subsidizes admission fees for children, students, soldiers, the disabled, and senior citizens. The Guardian’s name appears on a plaque in the Museum’s Entrance Pavilion for the duration of the sponsored week, as well as in the Israel Museum Journal. Guardians receive all of the above benefits and a Guggenheim Art Pass granting free admission, for two, to several major museums abroad.
Individual Registration Form (in Hebrew) >>>
Business Registration Form (in Hebrew) >>>
Honor your friends with a contribution to the Israel Museum A personalized certificate acknowledging your donation towards educational and youth activities at the Museum (for a contribution of at least NIS 180) will be issued by the office of Israeli Friends of the Israel Museum: 02-670-8815, 02-677-1344; email@example.com